Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lesson 2.1: Do not forget your friends.


This goes along with lesson 2. Along with a new relationship comes the 'wanting to spend a ton of time together'. Even so far as to wanting to spend every single moment with the other person. Unfortunately, friends tend to get pushed on the back burner. Lucky for many of us, our friends take us back when things either settle or blow up. One of the keys to maintaining sanity and perspective is to keep in touch with friends. My last relationship I had the disadvantage of having someone who wanted to keep me from friends and family. Lucky for me I had learned from a previous relationship and made steps to stay in contact through letters, postcards, and pictures when I wasn't allowed to see them in person or talk on the phone. Even with that, I still wish I had been able to see them more.
So, just remember kids: do not forget your friends. Listen to them, but make every effort to keep them in your life. You will not regret it, but you will regret not doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment